Tuesday 6 October 2015

RESEARCH: TWITTER ACCOUNT

For further research into my film opening, I made a Twitter account, so I could keep up with any news on a wide variety of different aspects of media. Twitter is seen as revolutionary social media in that it uses web 2.0 with its interactivity to allow audiences to communicate and respond in an active way. This aspect is exploited by filmmakers who benefit from audience's ability to retweet, to favourite and to hashtag tweets that they are enthusiastic, resulting in viral marketing. For the latter reason, my film group has created a Twitter account to promote our film.
Alan Rusbridger wrote an article on why Twitter matters for media organisations, such as it being an amazing form of distribution, a great reporting tool, it creates communities, changes notions of authority, much more diverse, due to more voices commenting on the issue and is an agent of change. We hope that we will build a community or audience for our film, FOCUS.

I personally have also used it in a more conventional way as a research tool. On my twitter account, I have followed various accounts, which I feel will help me in the planning and development of my film opening. I followed accounts like OCR Media and Film, which will keep me up to date with any OCR-related film buzz and by following this account, might catch some ideas on how I can make my film opening better. I followed a variety of production companies (Paramount, Universal, Warner Bros.) to keep me updated with recent films, so I can see what is genres and themes are popular. Other accounts I followed was my teacher's personal account, which is where I can retrieve any information about media-related articles which interest her, which may help me on my planning.

The reason I followed films accounts, like The Martian, is to see what a twitter film account posts on its feed, since for my film opening I will be making a twitter account for it and want to be prepared on tweets I should post and how often I should post. As well, I followed some twitter accounts relating to film and television, which interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment